Income Tax Refund Services

0203 137 5773
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Call today for free advice

Claiming tax back when leaving/left the UK

Claim UK Tax Back - Leaving UK Tax Rebate

Moving is stressful enough, especially if you're relocating outside Britain... It's all too easy to forget about the tax from the UK that you may be entitled to claim back. Just think how useful a tax refund worth hundreds - or even thousands - of pounds could prove to you!

Who can get a tax rebate when leaving the UK?

You could get a tax refund when leaving the UK, as long as you have fulfilled the following criteria:

  1. You must have paid UK income tax within the last 4 tax years.
  2. You intend to be outside the country for at least 3 months or more.
  3. You are not planning to return to work in the UK within the same tax year.

Why use TaxRefundPro?

  • Leaving UK tax back aeroplane We act as your tax agent and we'll deal with your claim from start to finish
  • Leaving UK tax back aeroplane Chasing up HMRC costs time and money, we'll take care of all HMRC communications for you
  • Leaving UK tax back aeroplane Our expertise means we make sure you get back what is rightfully yours
  • Leaving UK tax back aeroplane We can liaise with you over the phone or by email, whatever is more convenient for you
  • Leaving UK tax back aeroplane The sooner you claim, the quicker you can get your tax back!

    Download Free Claim Pack

  1. Please fill in your First Name.  
    Please enter your Last Name. 
    You must provide an email address. 
    Please enter your Home or Work phone number. 

Don't leave your money behind!
Get your tax back when leaving the UK...

Over the years, we have helped thousands of non-British nationals who worked in the UK and returned to their home country claim back the overpaid tax they were owed by HMRC. We have also helped many UK citizens who emigrated overseas obtain a tax refund. Many of our clients emigrated or returned to India; Australia; New Zealand; South Africa; France; Italy; Spain; Poland; USA; Canada; etc.

If you are leaving the UK, or you already left after 5th April 2010, you are still fully entitled to claim your tax back in the last 4 years.

Because you would leave your employment in the course of a tax year, the chances are that you would actually be due a large tax refund. Why? Because you would be due back any unused part of your tax free personal allowance in that tax year.

Tax Refunds in 3 easy steps!

step 1 claiming tax back

1. Contact Us

Provide us with some basic information (employment history; P60; P45).

step 2 for tax refund

2. Estimate Refund

We estimate how much refund you may be due and liaise with you.

step 3 for tax rebate

3. Receive Payment

We submit and chase your claim with HMRC until you get your money.


We've helped clients from all over the world get their tax back from HMRC...
European Union: France; Italy; Spain; Germany; Sweden etc.
Eastern European countries: Poland; Hungary; Slovakia; Czech Republic etc.
African countries: Nigeria; Kenya; South Africa etc.
USA & Canada.
Latin America: Brazil; Argentina; Columbia etc.
Australia & New Zealand.
Asia: India; Philippines; Hong Kong etc.

Getting a tax rebate when moving to Australia
Getting a tax rebate when moving to New Zealand
Getting a tax rebate when moving to Poland
Getting a tax rebate when moving to France
Getting a tax rebate when moving to Spain
Getting a tax rebate when moving to Germany
Getting a tax rebate when moving to India