Income Tax Refund Services

0203 137 5773
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Call today for free advice

Tax Return services for Landlords

Landlords Tax Return Banner

Landlord/Property Tax Return Services

It is a mandatory requirement that Landlords submit a yearly Tax Return to declare their rental income via Self Assessment, failing to do so could result in significant penalties from HMRC

Smiling Female Landlord Tax Return

Using TaxRefundPro means:

  • We submit your mandatory Landlord Tax Return
  • We understand which allowances and expenses apply to your case
  • We ensure Non-Resident Landlord Scheme members get their tax back
  • We protect you against late submission penalties (as long as you're not already late!)
  • We act as your tax agent, especially useful if you're not resident in the UK
  • We keep you updated every step of the way
  • We offer reduced rates for partners and joint owners
  • We operate nationwide and overseas
  • Easy! All our communications are by telephone, online or by post

Renting a property out in the UK...?
If you want to avoid penalties from HMRC and maximise your chances of a tax rebate...
CALL 0203 137 5773 for a FREE assessment.

Our Fees: Landlord Tax Returns

  • Landlords not registered under the NRL Scheme: £99*
  • Landlords registered under the NRL Scheme: 15% of the value of your tax refund subject to a minimum fee of £99*
  • Additional tax return for Spouse/Partner: If your spouse/partner needs to fill in a tax return too because your property is in joint names, we will only charge an additional £49* if their income details are identical to yours

* All fees are subject to VAT if applicable to your country of residence. All fees are per tax return.

Self Assessment Deadlines

Tax Returns have to be submitted to HMRC within the stipulated deadlines so don’t put it off or leave it until the last minute! Please also bear in mind that any tax due owed to HMRC must be paid by the 31st January deadline.

The tax return deadlines applicable for each tax year are as follows:
  • 2012-2013: 31st January 2014 for online filing & settlement of any tax due
  • 2013-2014: 31st October 2014 for paper return; 31st January 2015 for online return & settlement of any tax due

Self Assessment Penalties

Remember, the longer you put it off, the heavier HMRC’s penalties will become. These penalties stand as follows (source taken from HMRC website):

  • Missing the 31st January deadline (even by one day!): £100
  • 3 months late: £10 per day, up to a maximum of 90 days = £900. This is as well as the fixed penalty above
  • 6 months late: £300 or 5% of the tax due, whichever is the higher. This is as well as the fixed penalties above
  • 12 months late: £300 or 5% of the tax due, whichever is the higher. In serious cases you may be asked to pay up to 100% of the tax due instead. In some cases the penalties can be higher than this. This is as well as the fixed penalties above

The Non Resident Landlord (NRL) scheme

If you live overseas but rent out a property in the UK through a letting agent you may be registered under the Non Resident Landlord (NRL) scheme.

Unless you chose to opt out of this scheme, you would actually pay 20% income tax at source, which means that your letting agent would deduct 20% from your gross rental income and repay this sum automatically to HMRC on your behalf towards your income tax liability. If this is your case, then you would probably be overpaying income tax and qualify for a tax rebate. But remember - being registered under the NRL scheme does NOT exonerate you from filing a tax return at the end of the tax year within the stipulated deadlines.

As an experienced tax agent, we understand the allowances and tax breaks that will allow you to claim the maximum refund value possible. Contact us for a FREE no obligation assessment of your case.

    Download Free Claim Pack

  1. Please fill in your First Name.
  2. Please enter your Last Name.
  3. You must provide an email address.
  4. Please enter your Home or Work phone number.
  5. Invalid Input

Choose A Tax Agent who really understands the UK tax system

At TaxRefundPro, we know what tax breaks are available to you and how to minimise your tax liability within the rules.

You can obviously submit a tax return by yourself but beware... mistakes can prove very costly in the long run!

The cost of using our services generally pays for itself when considering the tax and the time you'll save.