Income Tax Refund Services

0203 137 5773
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Call today for free advice

Do I need a national insurance number to claim my tax back?

Yes. You cannot claim a tax rebate without a valid national insurance number. If you worked in the UK without a NI number and paid UK income tax, you need to apply for a NI number from the Department for Works & Pensions (DWP) before your claim for a tax rebate can even be considered by HMRC.