Income Tax Refund Services

0203 137 5773
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Call today for free advice

Our Fees - No Refund No Fee

Can I claim a mileage tax rebate for commuting to and from work if I'm employed?

It depends if your commute relates to a "permanent" or "temporary workplace". The UK tax office does not accept mileage tax rebates from employees if your claim only relates to commuting to and from a permanent workplace i.e. the place of work you need to attend in order to perform your work duties. This is regardless how far or expensive your commute may be. The reason is you accepted to take on that employment "as is". However, you may be entitled to claim mileage tax relief if you commute to a temporary workplace.
Read the definition of permanent and temporary workplace here.

  • No Refund No Fee No risk! If you don't get any money back, then we don't charge you a fee. You have nothing to lose but everything to gain.
  • Cheapest Rates We won't be beaten on price with our super competitive fees and our PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE.
  • Free Advice We'll assess your claim for free, it won't cost you a penny to find out if you're owed pounds!
  • Expertise Real experienced tax consultants, no call centres, just professional expertise.
  • Honest & Ethical Straight talking, accurate advice with no jargon. We will tell you exactly what you can and can't claim within HMRC rules.
  • 1