Income Tax Refund Services

0203 137 5773
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Call today for free advice

Claiming Your Tax Back - Tax Refunds & Tax Rebates

TaxRefundPro specialise in helping UK taxpayers get income tax refunds.

We know first hand that claiming tax back can prove a complicated and frustrating process if you decide to take on Mr Taxman on your own - Dealing with confusing forms; Supplying the right info in the correct format; Being put on hold when ringing HMRC... to name but a few of the common issues you may encounter.

Don't worry, we can help! Some of the people we help are...

  • Employed taxpayers wanting to claim a tax rebate for work-related expenses like petrol/fuel, mileage, etc.
  • CIS (Construction Industry Scheme) workers
  • Overseas workers in secondment in the UK (like I.T. professionals or other professions)
  • Employed mechanics & auto technicians wanting to claim tax relief for work tools & other equipment
  • Landlords and property owners wishing to submit a tax return, get a basic book keeping service & free advice
  • Self employed tradesmen & women wishing to submit a tax return, get a basic book keeping service & free advice

All youneed to do is return a completed Tax Rebate Claim Pack to us... and wetake care of the rest on your behalf.

Try our Tax Rebate Calculator and see how much tax you could be due back!

Can you claim tax back?

  • Who
  • Why
  • How
  • When

Who can claim tax back?

In short almost anyone can claim any overpaid tax back that they paid in the last 4 tax years.

1 in 3 people overpay income tax every year, are you one of them?

You may be due a tax refund without realising it if you:

  • Had multiple employments within the same tax year
  • Are CIS (Construction Industry Scheme) registered
  • Are employed but have to incur work related expenses necessary for you to do your job (tools; mileage; exam fees and subscriptions; etc.) and your employer does not reimburse you at all, or fully
  • Paid income tax but left the UK after 5th April 2011
  • Are paying income tax now but are moving overseas in this current tax year (2015/2016)

Call us today or fill in our online application form and we'll tell you if you have a valid claim or not.

If you do, we'll make sure you get back the tax that you're due.



Because your personal circumstances have an impact on your tax situation and the amount of tax you pay.

You may have changed jobs frequently, you may work for multiple employment agencies, you may have become CIS registered, you may have to pay for your own tools or use your vehicle without getting reimbursed by your employer, you may be leaving the UK or you have already left... the list goes on!

One thing is certain, if you've overpaid tax, we'll help you get it back!



Simply fill in our online application form or ring us so we can establish if you have a valid claim or not.

If you do, we'll send you one of our easy claim packs for you to complete and post back to us using our freepost envelope.

We'll estimate your refund value, liaise back with you and submit your claim to HMRC.

All you have to do at that point is wait for your refund to be transferred into your nominated bank account ... Easy!



You can only claim back the overpaid tax you paid going back 4 years i.e. from 6th April 2011.

If you delay your claim, you may lose the right to claim what's rightfully yours!

As soon as we receive your completed claim pack , we will process it & submit your claim to HMRC within 48 hours.

HMRC will generally take 4-6 weeks to process your claim at their end.

We will of course liaise with you every step of the way until you receive your refund, direct into your nominated bank account.

Can I still claim a tax rebate if I don't have a P45?

Yes, but you may have to wait longer to receive your tax rebate.

You can claim a tax rebate if HMRC's records show that you paid too much income tax.
Missing a P45 is not ideal, as this means that we would have to rely on the UK tax office's records about your employment to calculate if you qualify for a tax rebate. A P45 stipulates how much tax you paid during the course of your employment, as well as other important info regarding your tax position when you left your job (like your tax code, etc.). If HMRC's records about your employment turned out to be inexact, the only way we could disprove it would be with presenting them with a P45 for that particular employment. Not being able to show a P45 as supporting evidence means that we would have to accept HMRC's records regarding your employment as exact.
Missing the P45 from your last employer in the UK is more problematic, especially if you are trying to make an "in-year" tax rebate claim (meaning you are trying to reclaim tax overpayments from the amount of income tax you paid in this current tax year, 2015/16). HMRC may very well turn down your claim if you don't supply Part 2 and Part 3 of the P45 from your last employer in the UK. If this is the case, you could still submit your claim after the end of the tax year (after 5th April 2016). In some cases, and at their sole discretion, HMRC may accept a Statement of Earnings in place of a P45.
If you are leaving the UK and are missing your last P45, get in touch with one of our experts so we can advise you further about how to obtain a Statement of Earnings.

Latest Tax Blog Posts

  • Default
  • Title
  • Date
  • Random
load more hold SHIFT key to load all load all

Call us today or fill in our online application form and we will tell you if you have a valid claim or not. If you do, we'll make sure you get back the tax you're due.