Top 10 Tax Credit Renewal Excuses
According to HMRC’s own figures, “more than 5.8 million tax credits renewal packs were sent to claimants between April and June” and “more than 87 per cent of claimants renewed by the deadline” last year.
For the first time, tax credits renewal can be done online at GOV.UK, making the process a lot easier for all concerned..
In the chart of brainless excuses given by claimants to HMRC for missing the deadline, we find:
- I didn’t need the money because I’d met a rich bloke, but he dumped me (maybe he saw the light…)
- My mum usually does this for me (that’s Mum’s fault, obviously…)
- The form was locked in the boot of my car, and then my car caught fire (what about requesting a new pack, buster…?)
- My baby used the paperwork as a colouring book (nice to see official paperwork having some proper use…)
- My dog ate the form (times are hard, even for pets…)
- I got confused with the 31 January Self Assessment deadline (so you’re self employed, tell me more…)
- booked the last two weeks of July for a holiday and forgot all about it (renewal packs are sent from April but this fact got lost in the claimant’s mind…)
- I’ve been in hospital but am feeling much better now (glad to hear it…)
- I was unable to get income details from my employers in time (what’s the use of pay slips…?)
- I thought I’d already renewed it (doh!)
Original Post: Original Content Can Be Found Here
TaxRefundPro specialise in PAYE tax rebates. If you think you might have paid too much income tax and you should be due a tax rebate, call our experts for free advice and assessment on 0207 137 5773 or apply online.