What is a P45?

A P45 is a document that your employer gives you when you have finished working with them. It shows how much you have earned and how much tax you have paid during the tax year.

When starting new employment, you should keep part 1A for your records and give parts 2 & 3 to your new employer so they can communicate your tax position to HMRC, who in turn will issue a tax code so you pay the correct amount of income tax.

Want to know more?

If you need further information then call our tax consultants now on 0203 137 5773 for free consultation and advice on how we can help with your tax affairs.

Our simple three-step process


Step 1

Get in touch

Fill out our online form or give us a call. We just need some basic information like your employment history.

Step 2

Get an estimate

We'll give you an estimate on how much you might be due, and let you know how we can help you get it all back.

Step 3

Get paid

We will apply for your refund and do all the legwork with chasing up HMRC on the status of your application.