Do I need a national insurance number to claim my tax back?

Yes. You cannot claim a tax rebate without a valid national insurance number. If you worked in the UK without a NI number and paid UK income tax, you need to apply for a NI number from the Department for Works & Pensions (DWP) before your claim for a tax rebate can even be considered by HMRC.

Want to know more?

If you need further information then call our tax consultants now on 0203 137 5773 for free consultation and advice on how we can help with your tax affairs.

Our simple three-step process


Step 1

Get in touch

Fill out our online form or give us a call. We just need some basic information like your employment history.

Step 2

Get an estimate

We'll give you an estimate on how much you might be due, and let you know how we can help you get it all back.

Step 3

Get paid

We will apply for your refund and do all the legwork with chasing up HMRC on the status of your application.