Do I have to pay tax if I’m from overseas or a student?

Yes. Some students and part-time workers are under the wrong impression that they don’t have to pay tax because they only work part time. Students and part-time employees are not automatically tax exempt, regardless if they are under 18 years of age! Everyone who works in the UK is liable to pay income tax, regardless of nationality.

However, every taxpayer is also entitled to a personal allowance, which is a tax free amount you can earn in a tax year. If by the end of the tax year your gross income is below the personal allowance threshold and you were still charged income tax, then you may have a valid case for claiming a tax rebate.

Want to know more?

If you need further information then call our tax consultants now on 0203 137 5773 for free consultation and advice on how we can help with your tax affairs.

Our simple three-step process


Step 1

Get in touch

Fill out our online form or give us a call. We just need some basic information like your employment history.

Step 2

Get an estimate

We'll give you an estimate on how much you might be due, and let you know how we can help you get it all back.

Step 3

Get paid

We will apply for your refund and do all the legwork with chasing up HMRC on the status of your application.